Benefits of joining
If you have a special interest in communicating science and subscribe to the objectives of the organisation you are welcome to join.
Current members include working journalists, public relations professionals, academics, science festival organisers, museum directors, policy advisers, students, scientists and researchers, science leaders and more.
Three Great Reasons
- Networking – get to know other communicators both locally and internationally.
- Events – annual conference, regional events, workshops and professional development
- Funding – apply for member-only travel grants
SCANZ KEEPS YOU IN TOUCH
- A regular newsletter
- An annual conference to provide additional networking opportunities, an opportunity to learn more about effective science communication, and discuss topical issues
- Regular functions in those parts of the country where it has members
WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING
“SCANZ is your national network of science communicators and your gateway to the international science communication community. Being a member has provided me with new connections, new friendships and new opportunities, as SCANZ does for all its members.”
Dr Fabien Medvecky, SCANZ President
“SCANZ events provide me with insight into other organisations’ science communications activities and provide a forum to meet other communications professionals. This sharing of ideas and practices supports my personal and professional development.”
Emma Timewell, Communications Manager, Plant & Food Research
“If you are involved in science communication in any capacity you really need to plug into the network and opportunities provided by SCANZ.”
Peter Griffin, Manager, Science Media Centre
“SCANZ is a great way to connect to science communication opportunities and professionals around the country. It’s relevant to you whether you want to be a science communicator, are a science communicator, or are a scientist interested in communication. I especially appreciate the diversity of people with expertise in both theory and practice, as well as the connection it provides to latest activities and thinking in science communication internationally.”
Dr Rhian Salmon, Senior Lecturer, Science in Context group, Victoria University of Wellington
Annual MEMBERSHIP RATES 2017 (JAN–DEC)
Corporate member purchasing extra individual memberships? Use promotion code "corporate" for your discount.
Corporate membership, Annual
Let your company or group stand out with a SCANZ corporate membership.
The corporate membership includes:
- 6x individual full memberships
- 10% discount of any additional individual memberships
- Your logo on our website
- The right to put our logo on your website