Science Communicators’ Association of New Zealand expressions of interest for Posters
We invite expressions of interest for posters for the Science Communicators’ Association of New Zealand (SCANZ 2015) conference in Wellington, November 30 & December 1. There will be prizes for best poster and for runner up. Two types of posters are particularly welcomed:
1) Posters that explain some science communication research or event
2) Posters that are designed to communicate some piece of scientific research to the public
Although this session is open to everyone, we especially encourage students to submit a proposal: presenting a poster at a national conference is a good way to get feedback on your work and is also a good way to start getting your publication count up.
Please submit a proposal for a poster according to the guidelines below:
Submission: Please send you proposal to firstname.lastname@example.org, by October 2nd, 2015
The proposal must:
- be in English
- include a 100-200 abstract or description of the poster or its content
- state whether this is an explanation of science communication research or event, or if it is a poster designed to communicate some piece of scientific research to the public
Decisions on accepted proposals will be made by October 9th
We look forward to your proposals and to seeing you at the conference.
2015 Conference Themes
1. Engaging Society: Science has an important role to play in society and we want to look at how science engages various sectors of society, from citizen science, media, policy, education and stakeholder engagement to public outreach.
2. Sharing Knowledge: How are we sharing information and/or resources across and between researchers and practitioners, scientists, citizen scientists, media and the general public, and how might we be able to improve these processes?
Gold Partner - Victoria University of Wellington
Silver Partner - Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment
Bronze Partner - Ministry for Primary Industries
Networking Reception Sponsor - SCIMEX
Satchel Sponsor - The Centre for Science Communication, University of Otago
Speaker Gift Sponsor - University of Canterbury
Become a Sponsor
SCANZ 2015 conference - New Zealand's only dedicated science communication event.
A unique opportunity to meet a wide range of scientists, academics, researchers, media, health, technology and communication professionals.
Partner and sponsor packages have been created to provide high visibility with all delegates.
Venue and ACCOMMODATION
The conference will be hosted at Rydges Hotel, 75 Featherston Street,Wellington. They are also offering an accommodation deal to delegates.
All rates include GST
- SCANZ & ASC Members $400 (from 2 October)
- Conference dinner $65
- Early bird non member $400
- Student & Gold Card rate (retirees) $200
- Non member $500
- Single day $275
- Speaker session only $free
- Speaker one day $175
- Speaker two days $300
Separately bookable half day workshops: bid writing, story telling, crisis management
- $60 each for conference delegates
- $100 each casual rate (not attending conference)
Dinner $65 incl GST per person, for dinner and some wine.
Conference dinner will be held at St Johns on Monday 30 November.