Call for Submissions - NOW CLOSED
Dunedin 14-16 November 2016
The 2016 SCANZ conference’s theme is: Connecting science and society.
We welcome submissions that demonstrate science communication as a practice and/or theory relevant to this year’s themes: Connecting science and society.
Submission can be in the form of a sole presenter, a panel discussion, a performance, or a poster.
Alongside the general theme of the conference, we will also have two special streams for the 2016 conference:
- Science and art
- Participatory and citizen science.
Please submit your proposal by now extended until 8 July.
- Proposals should state the session format e.g. panel discussion, performance, sole presenter, poster etc,
- Provide a title and abstract or outline of the session content
- State if the proposal is to be in the general stream or in one of the two special stream (state which stream)
Proposals should be no longer than 200 words and include the names of all session participants, their professional affiliations, and contact details of the proposal submitter.
- All submissions will be acknowledged within 2 days of receipt.
- Length and timing of conference sessions will be determined once sessions are confirmed.
- All applicants will be informed if their session proposal is successful or not by late July 2016
- SCANZ will not cover travel or accommodation costs if your session proposal is accepted.
- Speakers and session presenters who wish to attend more than solely their session will be required to register for the conference.
Proposal submission form
Submissions have now closed - thank you.
2015 CONFERENCE Summary
See the Programme from the 2015 conference for details of the wide range of topics covered.
Photos provided by Science Lens: http://sciencelens.co.nz.
Gold Partner - Victoria University of Wellington
Silver Partner - Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment
Bronze Partner - Ministry for Primary Industries
Networking Reception Sponsor - SCIMEX
Satchel Sponsor - The Centre for Science Communication, University of Otago
Speaker Gift Sponsor - University of Canterbury